If you are from South Africa ( and a few other unlucky countries ) you would know that paypal is either not available total or only allows you to make payments and not recieve payments through their service. South Africa falls in the latter category. To find out if paypal is available in your country please visit:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved-signup-countries-outside
Not being able to offer paypal on my websites and blogs as a form of payment would have been suicide. Paypal is undoubted the most common and trusted means of payment online. It was only on Thurdays, 13 December 2007, that I was in a position to test my ebook website ( I will give address of this site once it is finalised )...low and behold the paypal transaction wouldn't go through as I am based in South Africa. This was a BIG TIME problem to say the least.
I have since figured out a way to accept paypal on my websites and this my friend is going to be the subject of my second ebook...watch this space for the launch date!
My first ebook is free and is a compliment to my website South African Business Online.
You can download my first free ebook here. (just right click and 'save as'). The ebook is a desktop shopping interface, of sorts.
Please leave comment on this post or any other of my postings. I would luv to hear your thoughs on this social experiment.
Till next time...
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment